We know how important it is to see the conversations that you have with your clients in one place. This is why we are excited to announce the new conversation mode to Dubsado. ANY email started through Dubsado will now have a thread capturing their replies in the system.
How it works:
So you start the email in Dubsado, once that client replies, you can an email like usual, and their reply also gets logged into Dubsado. If you want to respond and keep that thread going, be sure to respond in Dubsado. If you reply to your client outside of Dubsado, your reply will not show. Your reply through Dubsado will still come from your outgoing email address you have synced into Dubsado. There is no weird email address or anything. It is all branded and sent as you!
How to set it up:
Head to your brand settings and grab the forwarding address to input into your email server's side. If you use gmail, it will ask for a verification code, generate and grab a code from there as well. This works for any email server...just only gmail requires the verify code.
Conversation mode allows you to send an email out through Dubsado and when your client replies, it goes to your email AND it gets logged in Dubsado. There are a few steps you need to take to set that up.
1. Head to CURRENT BRAND SETTINGS (click the logo at the top right) then EMAILS.
2. In EMAILS, be sure your outgoing email server is connected. You can use Gmail OR any other host by clicking USE SMTP.
3. Next, in your email server, paste the BRAND EMAIL ADDRESS into the forwarding address of your email host. Again, this feature is available for Gmail OR any other email host.
FOR GMAIL, there are a few more steps:
- And place that address in Gmail.
- Gmail will then ask you for a verification code, head back to Dubsado and click the REFRESH icon in the EMAILS section
- Copy that Verification Code form Dubsado and go back to Gmail to paste it in where is asks for it.
- Select to start forwarding email to that address in Gmail.
- SAVE THAT PAGE IN GMAIL...LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE GMAIL SCREEN
- Then, head back to Dubsado and save that EMAILS page.
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Now any email started in Dubsado and the customer replies, it will be in the same email thread!